Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sheen files $100 million suit against Warner Bros.




AP PhotoSheen files $100 million suit against Warner Bros.Sheen files $100 million suit against Warner Bros.By ANTHONY MCCARTNEY and LYNN ELBER
AP Entertainment Writers: "The suit also was filed on behalf of the sitcom's other cast members and crew, who were put out of work. Although they are not a party in the case, Singer said the actor is attempting to get reimbursement for all members of the show who lost money because of the actions of Warner Bros. and Lorre.

Last week, Warner announced it was paying the 'Men' crew for four of the eight episodes it canceled this season.

The studio declined to comment on the suit. Lorre's attorney, Howard Weitzman, did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

On top of Sheen's $100 million request for damages, the 45-year-old actor is seeking punitive damages.

He took to Twitter soon after the lawsuit's filing, writing, 'Fastball: Torpedo away... You corporate Trolls were warned. And now you've been served!'

The complaint states that Sheen's most recent contract, executed last May, entitles him to be paid whether the series films for up to 24 episodes per season through late 2011. Singer said Sheen was prepared to walk away from the show last year, but that the studio and producers wanted him to return despite his being accused of domestic violence in Aspen, Colo., against then-wife Brooke Mueller."

REad full article >>>>Sheen files $100 million suit against Warner Bros.Sheen files $100 million suit against Warner Bros

1 comment:

sportsfan1981 said...

I hope Sheen loses his lawsuit against Warner Brothers Television and Chuck Lorre! This guy is crazy and I’m thrilled he was fired.